Living Contemplatively within a Relational Universe
What physics and contemplatives are confirming is that the foundational nature of reality is relational; everything is in relationship with everything else. As a central Christian mystery, we’ve been saying this from the very beginning while still utterly failing to grasp its meaning.
The Divine Dance: The Trinity and Your Transformation
The Incarnate Word is with us,
is still speaking, is present
always, yet leaves no sign
but everything that is.
This Day: Collected & New Sabbath Poems
Nobody started it, nobody is going to stop it. It will talk as long as it wants, this rain. As long as it talks I am going to listen.
Thomas Merton: When the Trees Say Nothing
Kathleen Deignan, ed.
- The Earth Community is an interconnected web of life.
- Life within the web is sustained by diversity.
- Every creature in the web deserves respect.
- Justice and peace are integral to the life of the web.
- Compassion toward all leads to healing and reconciliation.
- Creation tends toward communion whose ultimate expression is love.